Events by this speaker
08Feb10:00 AM4:30 PMMindful Eating and Self-Care: Awareness, Intention, Skillful Means, Cultivating Kindness10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Andrea Lieberstein, MPH, RD, RYT No pre-requisiteOpen
Date: February 8, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code AL1D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. Description: This
Date: February 8, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code AL1D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses.
This retreat is designed to guide you back home to the natural wellsprings of nourishment, both within you and outside of you. Using five steps to mindful eating and living, and skillful means including lovingkindness and self-compassion practices, we will explore how to take action in our own lives, infused with wisdom and compassion, supported by wise intention, skills, and clear seeing, to live a fulfilling and well nourished life. The day will introduce eight aspects of ourselves that thrive on nourishment beyond food and the physical body, and include inquiry, sitting and walking meditation, dyads, movement, art, journaling and more.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals supporting clients or patients cultivate healthy eating practices will be able to utilize the practices and perspectives offered in this program. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Describe how mindfulness and mindful eating practices can promote self-compassion and reduce self-criticism;
• Describe how mindful eating practices can reduce stress and anxiety around eating;
• Describe a self-compassion practice that may be used to reduce distress and encourage self-care;
• List a 5-step process to mindful eating and living.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.