Events by this speaker
Date: Friday, April 24, 2020; 10:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code AL1D20. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. Note: The
Date: Friday, April 24, 2020; 10:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code AL1D20.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
This retreat is designed to guide us back home to the wellsprings of nourishment within each of us. Through mindfulness meditation, loving-kindness, self-compassion, inquiry, and mindful eating practices, we’ll deepen skills to navigate the thoughts, feelings, and cravings that lead us to seek nourishment outside of through food or other means, which is not truly fulfilling.
We will explore our embodied experience of true nourishment and introduce a model of nourishment to cultivate a life that is fulfilling on all levels. We will learn practices to experience food as pleasure and delight, and to support us in being able to more fully abide in our true nature and wholeness.
Open to new practitioners as well as returning practitioners who want to deepen these practices.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe how mindfulness and mindful eating practices can reduce stress and anxiety around eating, promote non-judgement, flexibility, self-compassion, balance and well-being;
• Describe mindfulness-based self-care strategies that promote well-being, including evidence-based mindful eating practices, self-compassion and emotional resiliency practices;
• Describe how mindfulness, lovingkindness and inquiry practices can be used to reduce craving, and cultivate equanimity
• List a 5-step process that supports mindful eating and living a fulfilling well nourished life.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, or BBS. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.