View Anne’s upcoming programs or profile.
Events by this speaker
08Jul(Jul 8)10:00 AM09(Jul 9)4:00 PMWrite Your Way Home: Creative Writing and Meditation10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (9) Online Teacher(s): Anne Cushman OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, July 8-7, 2023 Times: 10:00am - 4:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $50-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code AC1M23. Please
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, July 8-7, 2023
Times: 10:00am – 4:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $50-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code AC1M23.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Inspire your imagination and unleash your stories in an immersive weekend of creative writing, meditation, mindful movement, and embodied energy practices. Like meditation, writing is a powerful way to wake up to the ordinary and extraordinary moments of our human lives. We’ll use embodied meditation in movement and stillness to settle our minds and open our hearts so we write from a deeper place. Through sharing our stories, we connect with ourselves, each other, and the heart of what it means to be alive.
This weekend retreat will include:
- Mindful movement to increase sensitivity, develop inner listening, and open pathways of creative energy.
- Guided meditation to settle the mind, open the heart, and connect with your deeper nature
- Writing prompts that awaken imagery, memory, and story
- Inspirational poems and quotes
- Practical teachings to make your writing more vivid and powerful
- Sharing your writing in small groups without judgment or critique
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
View Anne's upcoming programs or profile.