Events by this speaker
Date & Time: Friday, November 12, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Friday, November 12, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code DA1D21.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available: This program offers 4 CE credits for $40 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
By changing our habits of movement, we awaken the body; by changing our habits of thinking, we awaken the mind. We can then join in the dance of existence with more freedom and ease. This daylong combines mindfulness meditation with sessions of Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® lessons, the brilliant sensory-motor approach to re-educating the neuromuscular system. Meditation will alternate with guided Feldenkrais movement lessons, allowing the techniques to support each other and enhance mind-body connection and well-being. There will be time for discussion.
The workshop is appropriate for beginning and experienced students of either mindfulness meditation or The Feldenkrais Method®
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Tentative Schedule: (subject to change)
10:00-10:10 am Introduction
10:10-10:40 am Feldenkrais movement lesson
10:40-11:00 am Discussion and meditation
11:00-11:30 am Feldenkrais movement lesson
11:30-11:40 am Break
11:40 am-12:00 pm Discussion and meditation
12:00-1:00 pm Lunch
1:00-1:15 pm Meditation
1:15-1:45 pm Feldenkrais movement lesson
1:45-1:55 pm Break
1:55-2:20 pm Discussion and meditation
2:20-2:45 pm Feldenkrais movement lesson
2:45-3:00 pm Discussion and closing meditation
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 4 CE credits for $40 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Demonstrate to clients ways to promote mindfulness of the body and mind;
- Describe how increased coordination, flexibility, ease of posture and breathe can reeducate the nervous system and develop greater self-awareness;
- Utilize techniques to cultivate self-care and increase comfort, in preparation for or when working with clients;
- Utilize and demonstrate to clients two practices that can be used to improve comfort when sitting and standing.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 4 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.