Events by this speaker
Date: Sunday, December 22, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code WN4D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and
Date: Sunday, December 22, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code WN4D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
In this day retreat, we’ll explore how we can move through our experience of aging with more wisdom and ease. As we age, we often sense our priorities changing: less compulsion to achieve, a keener awareness of mortality and the preciousness of life, an increased sense of gratitude, and compassion for our common humanity. During our time together, we’ll reflect on these matters, practice meditation, and experience the renowned technique of the Feldenkrais Method, a practice that can keep aging bodies flexible and balanced. Join us for dharma teachings, mindful movement exercises, and contemplative inquiry to bring forth the wisdom of aging.
All ages and experience levels welcome!
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Demonstrate practices to patients/clients that improve comfort and well-being, and utilize same practices to reduce physiological stresses at the workplace;
• Describe how increased coordination, flexibility, and ease of posture and breathe re-educates the nervous system and develops self-awareness;
• Describe to clients or patients the psychological and physiological benefits of “intentional being” vs. “compulsive doing/achieving”;
• Utilize techniques to increase mindfulness of the mind and body in ways that may reduce psychological and physiological stress, and reduce professional burnout.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 6 hours of continuing education.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.