Events by this speaker
Teacher(s): Diana Winston. For the schedule of teachers, click here. Sliding Scale: $0 - 108. Code 21ML19. PLEASE NOTE: This is the LIVESTREAM registration page. To attend in person, just come!
Teacher(s): Diana Winston. For the schedule of teachers, click here.
Sliding Scale: $0 – 108. Code 21ML19.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the LIVESTREAM registration page. To attend in person, just come! Learn more here.
Join us for “Spirit Rock Live: Monday Nights with Jack Kornfield and Friends”, a Livestream of Monday Night.
Now in its 34th year, the Monday Night sitting group at Spirit Rock has been a welcoming refuge to gather, hear the teachings of the Buddha, and practice insight meditation together as a community. The program includes a 30-40 min guided meditation, a short break, and a dharma talk.
If you’re unable to tune in Monday Night for the Livestream, register anyway! The recorded program will be available for 2 weeks. PLEASE NOTE: Registration available until midnight.
24Jun(Jun 24)3:00 PM30(Jun 30)11:30 AMMindfulness for Everyone -- ASL Interpretation AvailableThe Basics and Beyond Without the Hype3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (30) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Diana Winston; Alex Haley; Carol Cano (assistant); Jill Satterfield (mindful movement); Gulwinder Singh (teacher-in-training); Victoria Cary (teacher-in-training) CommuterNo prerequisiteWait list
ApplicationWait List / Commuter Application
Dates: Monday, June 24, 3:00pm - Sunday, June 30, 11:30am; 6 nights Sliding Scale: $1600 - $700, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 264R19. 12 CE credits available for
Dates: Monday, June 24, 3:00pm – Sunday, June 30, 11:30am; 6 nights
Sliding Scale: $1600 – $700, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 264R19.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
ASL interpretation is available for this residential retreat.
We are very sorry, this retreat is FULL. Please submit an application if you are interested in being on the residential wait list or attending as a commuter. We do have cancellations, so the longer you’re able to wait, the better your chances of getting in.
If you are interested and need financial assistance, we may have a work exchange available.
Mindfulness can be defined as paying attention to our present moment experiences with openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with what is. Through the practice of mindfulness, we learn tools to regulate emotions, develop attention, and cultivate states of compassion, even-mindedness, and greater well-being. When we attend to the present moment over a sustained period of time, practitioners report deeper connection to themselves, more self-compassion, and greater insights into their lives.
In this 6-night retreat, we will practice mindfulness meditation through sitting and walking meditation as well as lectures and opportunity to meet with teachers who will guide our practice. While rooted in Buddhist practice of mindfulness, this retreat will focus on the practical applications of mindfulness, and is open to people of all backgrounds and experience, especially those interested in secular mindfulness. An excellent retreat for beginners, but open to all levels.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
A unique scholarship opportunity — the Hemera Contemplative Fellowship! If you are 18 years of age or older with a commitment to service — serving others through your profession — you should consider reviewing the eligibility for this Fellowship. In general, this Fellowship is for those who are full-time in the listed eligible professions and are new to silent residential retreat practice. Follow this link for more detailed information: Hemera Contemplative Fellowships. ONE scholarship allowed per person, per calendar year.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. The tools and practices offered in this program will focus on training attention, awareness and cultivating self-regulation, and can be incorporated by health care professionals in ways that improve patient care. Through personal practice, care providers can cultivate strategies to manage the challenges of working in health care; reduce stress and emotional exhaustion, improve focus and general well-being. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- List 4 practices that can be used to cultivate mindfulness;
- Utilize mindfulness of breath practices to develop presence moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for, and when working with clients;
- Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to reduce stress;
- Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to reduce emotional reactivity;
- Describe a mindfulness practice that may be used to improve emotional self-regulation while working with clients;
- Utilize body awareness practices to deepen listening presence with clients;
- Assess and respond to compassion fatigue and burnout;
- Utilize practices of self-compassion to address caregiver burnout.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Co-sponsored by UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center.
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Attend and sign-in to all required sessions. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
CE Credit Attendance Required Sessions:
*7:30pm – 8:30pm – Evening Dharma Talk
June 25 – 29
*8:45am – 9:15am – Sitting Meditation with Instructions
*4:30pm – 5:30pm – Afternoon Lecture
*7:45pm – 8:15pm – Guided Loving Kindness and other Practices
+ 2 Group teacher 45 min check-ins
– No CE Credit sessions
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two (2) business days prior to the event. If you contact us at least two business days preceding the retreat, we will refund your CE fee minus a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel beyond the deadline stated above, you will not receive a refund. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: retreats(at)spiritrock(dot)org.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page
Gulwinder "Gullu" Singh