Kristin Neff, PhD
View Kristin’s profile.
Events by this speaker
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, June 12 - 13, 2021 Times: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. See general schedule below. Sliding Scale: $75-$1008. Code KN1M21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, June 12 – 13, 2021
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. See general schedule below.
Sliding Scale: $75-$1008. Code KN1M21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
Self-compassion flows from the desire to alleviate our suffering. Sometimes this requires tender acceptance—“being with” ourselves in all our glorious imperfection. But self-compassion isn’t always soft and yielding. Sometimes we need to be fierce, stand up for ourselves, or find the courage to forge a new path. This workshop will provide skills for responding in a compassionate way whenever we suffer. We will explore the role of tender and fierce self-compassion in our lives, understanding how to soothe and comfort ourselves so we can handle difficult emotions with greater ease, but also to draw boundaries, fight against injustice, or motivate change. Through lecture, discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, you will gain concrete tools to put self-compassion into practice in your daily life. This course is relevant for the general public as well as to mental health professionals.
Cassondra Graff, a highly trained self-compassion teacher and clinician, will offer a bonus practice session each day from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. to support learning. The sessions are designed to help participants deepen their understanding of self-compassion, so that you can further process what you have learned in the workshop. Please note, Kristin will not be holding these sessions, and they will NOT be required for CECs.
General Daily Schedule: (subject to change)
10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Discourse and practice
11:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Break
11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Discourse and practice
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Break
2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Optional additional mentor session with Cassondra Graff. Please note Kristin will not be present for this session.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Identify the three key components of self-compassion;
- Discuss the difference between fierce and tender self-compassion;
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion;
- Utilize techniques to support self-compassion in everyday life as a method to cultivate resilience.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Schedule: (Full attendance is required. Times are listed in Pacific time.)
10:00-11:30 Discourse and practice
11:30-11:45 break (No CECS)
11:45-1:00 Discourse and practice
1:00-2:00 break (No CECS)
2:00-3:00 Mentor session (No CECS)
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Kristin Neff, PhD
Kristin Neff, PhD
View Kristin's profile.