Kristin Neff, PhD
View Kristin’s upcoming events or profile.
Events by this speaker
10Jun(Jun 10)10:00 AM11(Jun 11)1:00 PMSelf-compassion: Learning to be a Good Friend to Ourselves10:00 AM - 1:00 PM (11) Online Teacher(s): Kristin Neff, PhD OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Saturday - Sunday, June 10-11, 2023; 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $50-$600. Code KN1M23. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for
Date & Time: Saturday – Sunday, June 10-11, 2023; 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $50-$600. Code KN1M23.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.*
Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, like we would a good friend we care about. It provides support when times are tough so that we are more emotionally resilient. It motivates us to make needed changes in our lives not because we’re worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves.
During this weekend retreat, you will practice simple tools for responding compassionately in daily life. You will learn about research demonstrating the benefits of self-compassion. Through experiential exercises, you will gain practical skills so that you can stop being so hard on yourself, handle difficult emotions with greater ease, and motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism. Practices will also be introduced to help ease stress for caregivers. This weekend retreat is relevant for the general public as well as to practicing mental health professionals.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Identify the three key components of self-compassion;
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion;
- Utilize techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life;
- Utilize practices to motivation with kindness rather than self-criticism;
- Use self-compassion in caregiver settings.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
- For those with a different license than listed above, or with a license from a different board or association than listed on our CEC info page, please contact your licensing board or association directly to request pre-approval/acceptance of CE credits offered at Spirit Rock. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Kristin Neff, PhD
Kristin Neff, PhD
View Kristin's upcoming events or profile.