Events by this speaker
Dates: August 27 – December 18, 2021; specific dates below. Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Sliding Scale: $5000 - $750. Code ML1T21. Description: This certificate training program is open to and
Dates: August 27 – December 18, 2021; specific dates below.
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sliding Scale: $5000 – $750. Code ML1T21.
This certificate training program is open to and designed for leaders and aspiring leaders in both the non-profit and for-profit sectors. We will cultivate mindful and compassionate leadership skills and practices to embody our care for ourselves and others, with a mindset of service to community and the world.
A core, distinct pedagogical approach of this program is participating in and co-learning with a supportive community of like-minded peers both in the large group and small monthly pod meetings. Through lectures, group discussion, guided meditations, readings, reflections, experiential exercises, and personal meditation practice, we will cultivate skills and behaviors that can be applied directly to our personal and professional lives. By developing and incorporating these intentional practices, we will strengthen professional relationships and workplace environments, expanding impact beyond our own learning for the broader benefit of our work and organization(s).
This program includes training in three realms: personal, relational, and organizational. Some included themes are:
- Mindful, compassionate, values-aligned leadership
- Cultivating well-being: self-care, rest, and resilience
- Self-awareness and self-management: emotional intelligence and working with difficult emotions
- Transforming professional and personal relationships through embodied, skillful communication
- Courageous conversations
- Empowering and inspiring people and teams
- Coaching and mentoring: compassionate accountability
- Fostering and co-creating belonging
Monthly large group sessions
Monthly pod sessions
Daily and monthly home practices and readings
Monthly written reflections
Optional monthly Tea and Q&A
Program runs August 27 – December 18, 2021. Specific training dates below. All meeting times are: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time.
- Fri-Sat, Aug 27-28 (2 days); Opening Weekend
- Fri, Sept 17
- Fri, Oct 15
- Fri, Nov 12
- Fri-Sat, Dec 17-18 (2 days); Closing Weekend
- Must attend at least 5 of 7 days
- Meditation: 20-30 min/day recommended
- Reading/Journaling: 4-8 hr/month
- Pod meetings: 1 hr/month
- Tea and Q&A: 1 hr/month (highly recommended but not required, and will be recorded)
- Attend ONE program orientation (highly recommended, especially if you have not used LearnDash before)
- Wednesday, August 18; 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. US Pacific Time
- Friday, August 20; 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
- Wednesday, August 25; 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $5000 – $750. Please consider paying at the highest rate that you can afford: your generosity supports Spirit Rock, staff, and your fellow practitioners. These fees also support the teachers of this program. Any amount offered above the Base rate of $2500 is a tax deductible donation to Spirit Rock, and your generosity will enable and support the participation of others.
- Benefactor – $5000
- Sustainer – $3000
- Base – $2500
The following rates are available for those needing financial support.
- Supported – $2000
- Mudita/Karuna Scholarship – $1650*
- Black, Indigenous, and People of color (BIPOC) Scholarship – $750*
*Both the Mudita/Karuna Scholarship and BIPOC Scholarship rates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Both are limited and reserved for those truly experiencing financial hardship.
Cancellation Policy for this Dharma Training Program:
- $100 cancellation fee** – On or before August 23, by 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time (**fees reduced for scholarship participants)
- $500 cancellation fee** – August 24 until Sept 20
- No refunds – Sept 21 and beyond
Teacher(s): Nikki Mirghafori Sliding Scale: $0 - $108 ($15 - $30 Suggested). Code 35BV21. Our sliding scale options for this drop-in program include financial support for our teacher(s). Online: We are offering this
Teacher(s): Nikki Mirghafori
Sliding Scale: $0 – $108 ($15 – $30 Suggested). Code 35BV21.
Our sliding scale options for this drop-in program include financial support for our teacher(s).
Online: We are offering this program online only via Zoom so you can join us remotely. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Open to all self-identified BIPOC
The Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) Sangha is a weekly gathering of self-identified BIPOC practitioners that provides a safe place to meditate and explore the dharma. As a beloved community, this sangha supports exploration of the dharma in light of our experiences. Together we will cultivate an environment that welcomes diverse voices and builds community.
All levels of experience are welcome.