View Phillip’s profile.
Events by this speaker
Date & Time: Sunday, November 21, 2021; 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Sunday, November 21, 2021; 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PM3D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, or BRN.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
The art of forgiveness begins with connecting to the heart. The practice involves learning skills such as metta, mindful acknowledgment, and compassion. Practicing these skills enables you to free yourself from painful identification with past events.
This is a day to bring remorse or grief about past actions and move beyond feelings of guilt and shame. Likewise, if someone has wronged you, you will be guided toward holding them accountable without closing your heart. Additionally, forgiveness practice will move you toward clarity and acceptance for the ways you have let yourself down.
Practicing forgiveness allows you to move from a heavy, remorseful heart and a reactive mind to a heart that’s light but still feels regret and a mind that is calm and clear.
The day will consist of sitting and walking meditation, instruction in the art and practice of forgiveness, a forgiveness ceremony, and include periods of guided silent practice.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, or BRN.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe to clients how the three components of loving-kindness, mindful acknowledgment, and compassion are integral parts of the practice of forgiveness;
- Incorporate practices with clients to enable them to release remorse, grief, guilt, and shame and move towards forgiveness;
- Apply mindfulness techniques with clients when they are caught in repeated trauma patterns of anger and/or self-blame;
- Utilize a self-forgiveness practice with clients to work with challenging emotions of remorse or guilt and move towards acceptance, clarity, and resolution.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm the applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
21Apr(Apr 21)3:00 PM29(Apr 29)11:00 AMExploring Awareness: A Retreat for Experienced PractitionersRegistration opens December 21, 20213:00 PM - 11:00 AM (29) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Guy Armstrong; Sally Armstrong; Phillip Moffitt; Dawn Scott On-landPrerequisiteNo prerequisiteOpens soon
Dates: Thursday to Friday, April 21-29, 2022 (8 nights). Code 352R22. Sliding Scale: $400-$3,840, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s). Arrival Time: 3:00-5:00 p.m. Departure Time: 11:00 a.m. Registration opens approximately 9:00 a.m. Pacific
Dates: Thursday to Friday, April 21-29, 2022 (8 nights). Code 352R22.
Sliding Scale: $400-$3,840, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s).
Arrival Time: 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Departure Time: 11:00 a.m.
Registration opens approximately 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on December 21, 2021.
RETREAT TO BE HELD ON THE LAND!
Prerequisite: Completion of at least two (2) prior silent 7-night Insight meditation retreats
In this retreat we will explore the nature of awareness, or consciousness, which is the heart of sentient life. Awareness is always with us, revealing the phenomena of our experience, yet we may not have learned how to use it as a focus in meditation. As we deepen our connection to and understanding of this mysterious capacity for knowing, it becomes a powerful pathway to inner freedom and liberation. The retreat will include meditation instructions, talks, and interactive exercises on Awareness as well as group and individual practice meetings with the teachers.
Scholarship offerings: In returning to the land, we will also be returning to our pre-pandemic scholarship options and policies. All scholarship rates require a minimum fee ($50/night). Scholarships are limited to TWO per calendar year for on-land retreats. And, while we are not able to offer “no one turned away”-type of scholarships for in-person retreats, they are still available for online offerings.
Room Occupancy Update* – Starting in March 2022: As of March 27th, the first retreat following our monthlongs, we will return to double occupancy rooms. Most of our rooms are single occupancy (only 16 of 80 rooms are double occupancy). We will also return to offering a “guaranteed single room” rate and they will be limited. This rate guarantees you a single room while helping to support scholarships and all we do here at Spirit Rock. Single rooms are not exclusive to the top end of the sliding scale; everyone has a chance of being assigned a single room.
*Subject to change depending upon COVID-19 situation.