Date & Time: Saturday, February 6, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code RH1D21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists
Date & Time: Saturday, February 6, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code RH1D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
Spacious awareness, deep contentment, boundless love, and inner peace are valuable for everyday life, not just the heights of human potential. Recent neuroscience is revealing how to develop these wonderful ways of being in the human brain.
Join us for an experiential exploration of:
• How the body makes the mind
• Turning passing experiences into lasting inner strengths
• Neural factors of stable mindfulness
• Cultivating an unshakable core of resilient well-being
• Releasing rumination and self-centered thinking
• Feeling whole in the present moment
• The neural basis of the sense of oneness and timelessness
The deepest roots of the highest happiness are in the body. At the intersection of modern science and ancient wisdom – which could be called neurodharma – we can find very practical tools for an openhearted, joyful, and generous life.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds, as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- List two mechanisms of experience-dependent neuroplasticity;
- List two examples of how repeated mental activity changes brain structure;
- Describe temperamental variations in the control of attention.
- Demonstrate to clients two ways to practice mindfulness.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
*For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Rick Hanson, PhD
Rick Hanson, PhD
View Aiko’s profile