24Nov10:00 AM4:30 PMA Path for Couples: Joyful Connection, Mindful Communication10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Debra Chamberlin-Taylor; George Taylor, MFT No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Sunday, November 24, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code DG2D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs. Description: Most couples
Date: Sunday, November 24, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code DG2D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs.
Most couples envision sharing a life of love and joy with each other. We look forward to deepened intimacy and inner discovery. Then somewhere along the way, we feel as though they are bushwhacking through a thicket of life’s issues.
We ask, “Is there a map or trail that will guide us on our journey?” This workshop offers a time-tested path for couples that leads partners towards the treasures that are hidden in our hearts. We discover that a joyful, awakened connection is possible. We will learn to be more mindful of our communication patterns, which can either draw us closer together or create distance.
Experiential exercises and guided partner meditations will give couples tools and inspiration to choose patterns that open our hearts and support awakening. We will learn specific practices to reignite the spark of an alive and growing love, and which can be done on an ongoing way at home.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Identify unconscious communication patterns that undermine integrity and reinforce separation;
• Utilize communication skills with clients that deepen compassion and self-awareness;
• Utilize skills, in a clinical setting, that help to strengthen one’s own ability to stay present in the moment, and listen more deeply;
• Demonstrate to clients a conflict resolution model, which will help them explore the reasons behind repetitive conflicts.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins;
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
View Debra's upcoming programs or profile.
George Taylor, MFT
George Taylor, MFT
View George's upcoming programs or profile.