Dates: January - December, 2022. Monthly large group sessions - Saturdays: January 22 (required!), February 26, March 26, April 30, May 21, June 25, July 23, August 27, September 24, October
Dates: January – December, 2022.
Monthly large group sessions – Saturdays: January 22 (required!), February 26, March 26, April 30, May 21, June 25, July 23, August 27, September 24, October 22, November 19, December 17
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $600 – $1008. Code YL1T22.
REGISTRATION OPENS: Wednesday, August 25 ~9:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Teaching Team: Led by Vinny Ferraro, with Frank Ostaseski and Victoria Cary
This year-long program, based on the book A Year to Live by Stephen Levine, is designed for people of all ages, regardless of life stage. In community, we will focus on waking up and living life more fully through the exploration of death as spiritual practice.
In our largely death-denying modern culture, few are encouraged to actively contemplate the inevitability of our death, or that it could happen at any time. The Buddha recommended that we do just that, not to frighten us, but to use death as an object of contemplation to help us awaken to the fragile, fleeting, and precious nature of our lives.
Ultimately, this is a year-long practice in forgiveness, gratitude and letting go. Through guided meditations, inquiry and small group discussions, we will be guided, with the support of community, through a process of living this year as if it were our last. All are warmly welcome!
• Teachings: Monthly (12) large group sessions
• Community support: Monthly (12) home group sessions with home group sangha
• Home practices: Guided meditations, readings, reflections
• Access: Video and audio recordings
• Attend at least 10 of 12 monthly large group sessions – must attend the first session. The first session is required(!) to establish the safety of the container and respect the shared commitment of our “Y2L” sangha.
• Participate in home group sessions as skillfully as possible
• Complete homework assignments, practices, and readings
• Attend at least one program orientation session (required!)
*If you are unable to make this commitment at this time, please wait and join us for a future iteration.
Choosing the fee you can reasonably afford helps make courses available to all, regardless of ability to pay. All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds, as space allows. If you are in need of financial assistance, please email email@example.com. We generally offer financial assistance for training programs one time per year per person.
• $100 cancel fee* – On or before January 18, by 5:00pm PT
• Open credit or tax deductible donation – January 19 until February 27 (after the second class)
• No refunds – February 28 and beyond
*fees reduced for scholarship participants
QUESTIONS? Please email us.