05Mar(Mar 5)9:00 AM06(Mar 6)3:00 PMMindfulness Practices for Meeting Uncertainty with Imagination & Embodiment9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (6) Online Teacher(s): Kaira Jewel Lingo & Deborah Eden Tull OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday & Sunday, March 5-6, 2022 Times: Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for
Dates: Saturday & Sunday, March 5-6, 2022
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code KJ1M22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 7 CE credits for $70 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
A deeply restorative, experiential retreat exploring contemplative, creative practices that take us into our bodies, beyond the realm of concepts, in order to see more clearly from the heart. We will explore ‘moral imagination,’ a term coined by theologian Martin Buber, which describes our collective responsibility to imagine a kinder, more equitable, and regenerative world. We often use our imaginations to feed fear-based stories and separation. This power of attention can instead be used to preserve energy, uplift, and bring about new realities, based in body wisdom. As we navigate global uncertainty, there is a need to both become fiercely present and take our seat in possibility.
We will deepen our relationship with the body, the earth, each other, and with the sacred source of creativity. While spirituality can seem to be a serious endeavor, play and conscious use of the imagination are powerful and timeless aspects of spiritual maturity.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 7 CE credits for $70 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Implement mindfulness-based self-care strategies to promote professional and personal well-being, including burnout and secondary-traumatization prevention strategies;
- Define mindfulness, and what practices develop mindfulness;
- Describe how mindfulness practices can reduce anxiety and support resilience;
- Describe the relationship between a health care professional’s mindfulness practice, and improved clinical outcome;
- Incorporate mindfulness of breath practices to develop present moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for, and when working with clients.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 7 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.