08Oct(Oct 8)10:00 AM09(Oct 9)1:00 PMAn Introduction to Mindfulness of DeathThe Profound and Liberating Practice of Maranasati10:00 AM - 1:00 PM (9) Online Teacher(s): Nikki Mirghafori, PhD OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, October 8-9, 2022 Times: 10:00am-1:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $50-$216. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code NM2M22. Continuing Education Credits:
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, October 8-9, 2022
Times: 10:00am-1:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $50-$216. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code NM2M22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses.*
Description: Most people experience some fear or uncertainty when thinking about their own death, or avoid thinking about it at all. Whatever your relationship to death, it is a simple truth that we all die. Death is as natural as birth. Not drawing on the power of this contemplation is like discarding a precious jewel you have been freely given. The knowledge of mortality, which gives our limited time more import, is a key that can unlock the potential to live more fully, lovingly, and wakefully present amidst the miracle of our life.
These teachings also support us to die with peace, which is a gift to ourselves and especially our loved ones. Please join us for two half-days of Dharma talks, meditation, and small group guided practice for an introduction or refresher on the profound, liberating teachings on mindfulness of death.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe the benefits of reflecting on death, in ways that may be used with clients;
- Describe Terror Management Theory;
- Describe a mindfulness of death meditation practice, in ways that may be used with clients;
- Write your own obituary to gain perspective, in ways that may be used and shared with clients.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.