Date: May 3, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code GF2D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Description: Our
Date: May 3, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code GF2D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Our anger can be frightening, confusing, or something we push away. It can also feel like a source of power. Yet, it’s rarely a source of our true power. Utilizing different mindfulness practices, we’ll explore our relationship to anger, and find ways to move into wise relationship with this energetic force. We’ll look at ways to clear away the reactivity that can fuel our anger, and allow wisdom to arise.
We will balance this through an exploration of joy: the delight in beauty, kindness, and love. Together, we’ll look at these two factors – the wisdom that lies beneath our anger, and our joy – as the sources of our true power.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how mindfulness practices can assist clients in identifying and integrating their anger;
- Incorporate mindfulness practices to help clients access the wisdom in their anger;
- Demonstrate how heart practices can increase one’s experience of joy;
- Utilize mindfulness, somatic and heart-based practices to help clients connect with their sense of agency.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd
Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd
Grace Fisher, MFT, SEP, JD, MEd, is the Staff Dharma teacher at Spirit Rock. She has a private practice in San Anselmo working with teens, individuals and couples. She has practiced Insight Meditation for almost twenty years. She is a former lawyer who holds a Masters in Education from Stanford. Grace is a graduate of the Community Dharma Leaders training at Spirit Rock. She is Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, and has studied at the Money Coaching Institute. At Spirit Rock, she was a member of the Teen Council and Family Council for many years and taught the parenting and teen classes; she has assisted on a variety of retreats. Grace teaches the weekly Women's class on Thursday mornings. She is committed to exploring how the teachings support us navigating the gritty, the challenging and the beautiful.