Date: Monday, September 2, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm (Labor Day) Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code MC5D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs,
Date: Monday, September 2, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm (Labor Day)
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code MC5D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists.
Following ancient traditions that value the transformative power of nature, this day of meditation will be spent in the beautiful meadows and hills of Spirit Rock.
This serene day will include various mindfulness practices that deepen our receptivity to the wisdom of nature. Meditating outdoors helps awaken sensitivity to the natural world, opens appreciation of nature as a teacher, and encourages a wakefulness in all moments of life.
We will discover how meditative time outdoors leads to joy, peace, wonder, love, and connection, and brings profound insights into our own nature and our intimate interconnectedness with the web of life.
This entirety of this program will be on the land. Participants should feel comfortable walking about 20 minutes from their car to the day retreat location, partially on uneven terrain, and carrying with you all items you need for the day. Our beautiful land is home to turkeys and deer as well as ticks, bees, wasps, and rattlesnakes. Particularly suitable for those wishing to learn to meditate outdoors and experience the fruits of nature-based meditation.
Please bring appropriate attire for the weather – hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, layered clothing. And, don’t forget your lunch and water bottle!
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Care providers will find that the teachings, practices, and immersion in nature during this daylong will aid in their emotional regulation and stress-reduction, offering them another means for managing burnout. By understanding our place in the broader web of life, care providers can also strengthen their capacity for empathy and compassion. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Incorporate mindfulness meditation and its related disciplines in ways useful for clients;
• Describe a meditation technique for cultivating joy, that may improve patient care by reducing emotional exhaustion;
• Demonstrate mindfulness and nature practices that can aid in reducing client stress levels;
• Describe how practicing in nature can reduce suffering and increase a sense of ease and joy.
• Describe barriers to experiencing joy, and describe to clients practices to cultivate sympathetic joy
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 6 hours of continuing education.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.