13Oct9:30 AM4:00 PMAwake in the Wild: Mindful Practices for Cultivating Well-Being in Natureon-land only9:30 AM - 4:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Mark Coleman, MA CommuterOn-landNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Friday, October 13, 2023 Daily Schedule: 9:30am - 4:00pm Sliding Scale: $140-$310. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for the teacher. Code MC1D23. Continuing Education Credits: This
Dates: Friday, October 13, 2023
Daily Schedule: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Sliding Scale: $140-$310. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for the teacher. Code MC1D23.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.*
Single-Day Non-residential Retreat to be held on the land!
This daylong retreat is grounded in ancient traditions that value the transformative power of nature. In the spirit of the Buddha and his followers meditating in the forest, this day of guided silent meditation will be spent entirely outside in beautiful meadows nestled up in the hills of Spirit Rock.
Together, we will explore various sitting and walking mindfulness meditations and practices that help deepen our receptivity to the wisdom of nature. Practicing outdoors helps awaken our sensitivity to the natural world, opens our appreciation of nature as the ultimate Dharma teacher, and encourages an embracing wakefulness to all moments in our life. We will explore different Dharma themes that are illuminated in nature that make a direct impact in our lives.
Discover how meditative time outdoors leads to beautiful states of joy, peace, wonder, and love as well as connection with oneself, each other, and the larger web of life.
On-Land space is limited and pre-registration is required.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. This daylong retreat, designed with a focus on ancient traditions and the therapeutic potential of nature, provides health care providers with a structured opportunity to engage in mindfulness practices. Health care providers can incorporate mindfulness and nature-based practices within their therapeutic approaches to promote well-being and connection with oneself and the environment. Such practices can enhance receptivity to nature’s wisdom and enhance positive emotional states, such as joy, peace, and connection that may positively impact patients’ lives. This daylong retreat, offers health care providers guided opportunities to deepen both their mindfulness practice and their connection with the natural world. By practicing meditation outdoors and immersing themselves in the wisdom of nature, health care providers can enhance their sensitivity, appreciation, and overall well-being, ultimately leading to more joyful, peaceful, and connected experiences in their work and personal lives.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize techniques to cultivate self-care through connecting with the natural world, in preparation for or when working with clients;
- Describe a meditation technique for cultivating joy, that may improve patient care by reducing emotional exhaustion;;
- Demonstrate mindfulness and nature practices that can aid in reducing client stress levels;
- Describe how practicing in nature can reduce suffering and increase a sense of ease and joy.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
- For those with a different license than listed above, or with a license from a different board or association than listed on our CEC info page, please contact your licensing board or association directly to request pre-approval/acceptance of CE credits offered at Spirit Rock. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.