01May9:00 AM4:00 PMAwake in the Wild - Mindfulness Practices and the Joy & Peace of Meditation In Nature9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Mark Coleman, MA OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Sunday, May 1, 2022; 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Sunday, May 1, 2022; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code MC2D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Open to: Everyone
Like the Buddha, people for millennia have sought sanctuary in the refuge of the natural world. In this tranquil and rejuvenating retreat, we’ll explore how meditation is supported by the stillness of nature as we spend the day in sitting and walking meditation in the beautiful outdoors of Spirit Rock.
Through nature meditation practices, we will utilize the quality of mindfulness to support us being present to our direct experience and the earth around us. By learning from nature’s perennial wisdom teachings on impermanence, interconnection, and letting go, we will learn to be responsive to whatever condition we encounter.
Since it’s springtime, we will be surrounded by beauty and open up to how nature evokes many sublime qualities of joy, peace, wonder, and love. With love, also arises the wish to take care of what we love.
The retreat will include discussion, guided meditation, and periods of guided silent practice.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Care providers will be able to incorporate the healing power and presence of the natural world as an additional resource to offer themselves and their clients.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize techniques to cultivate self-care through connecting with the natural world, in preparation for or when working with clients;
- Describe a meditation technique for cultivating joy, that may improve patient care by reducing emotional exhaustion;
- Demonstrate mindfulness and nature practices that can aid in reducing client stress levels;
- Describe how practicing in nature can reduce suffering and increase a sense of ease and joy.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Mark Coleman, MA
Mark Coleman, MA
View Mark's upcoming programs or profile.