30Nov01DecAwakening the HeartPracticing the Divine Abodes: Loving-kindness, Compassion, Joy, Equanimity(November 30) 10:00 AM - (December 1) 5:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Donald Rothberg, PhD No prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday, November 30 - Sunday, December 1, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm Sliding Scale: $150 - 400. Code DR4M19. 12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs,
Dates: Saturday, November 30 – Sunday, December 1, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sliding Scale: $150 – 400. Code DR4M19.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
The Divine Abodes (Brahmaviharas) of loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity, are the places of the open, awakened heart. In this retreat, we will learn the formal practices of loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity, and offer guidance for bringing these practices into daily life. All of these practices strengthen self-confidence, self-acceptance, generosity of spirit, and steadiness of mind and heart, revealing our fundamental kindness.
The retreat will be held in the context of silence, alternating sitting meditation and walking meditation. Core instructions in the different practices will be offered, along with talks, discussion, and brief daily guided movement sessions.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Utilize techniques of loving-kindness that might be shared with clients;
• Utilize techniques of loving-kindness with a range of people, both those close to themselves, and those who are not close—particularly those who are more “neutral” and “difficult.”;
• Describe the potential effectiveness of a loving-kindness practice as an antidote to distress;
• Utilize related techniques to develop compassion;
• Utilize related techniques to develop joy and gratitude;
• Utilize related techniques to develop equanimity;
• Utilize loving-kindness and compassion in ways that might be applied in daily life and shared with clients to improve well being;
• Utilize joy and equanimity practices in ways that might be applied in daily life and shared with clients to improve well being.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, both days;
– Stay until the end of the program, both days;
– Sign out at the end of the program, both days.
– Partial credit for partial attendance is not permissible by Board regulations. Complete attendance is required to be eligible for CE credit.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.