09Jun10:00 AM5:00 PMAwakening Through our Wounds: Mindfulness and Trauma10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP No prerequisiteOpen
Date: June 9, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code PB1D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, K-12 educators in
Date: June 9, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code PB1D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, K-12 educators in some districts, and acupuncturists.
Rumi said, “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” Through the unfortunate experience of pain, we can choose to heal and grow spiritually. Our trauma history not only affects our brain and nervous system, it also causes emotional pain, confusion and disorientation.
The trauma-healing strategies offered in this day retreat will help release our stuck energy, and increase relaxation and happiness. Using movement exercises to work directly with the autonomic nervous system, we will learn how to increase our resilience and self-regulation when old traumatic wounds arise. With love and compassion, we will explore ways to release old thought patterns that no longer serve us.
All are welcome.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Define trauma in the context of Buddhism;
• Describe the symptoms of trauma;
• Name the three parts of the brain which are activated during the fight, flight and freeze response;
• Describe three movement-based strategies to calm the stress response of the autonomic nervous system;.
• Describe three mindfulness meditation strategies to calm the stress response of the autonomic nervous system.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, K-12 educators in some districts, and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 6 hours of continuing education.
– California K-12 Teachers: This program may be applicable for professional learning opportunities for K-12 educators, depending on district requirements. Before registering for CE credits, please check with your district or Local Education Agency for applicable policies to ensure acceptance of academic credits earned. Spirit Rock is not affiliated with a University.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
View Pawan's upcoming programs or profile.