(Saturday) 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Community Meditation Center
Sliding Scale $110 - 275. Code DS1B18. CE credit: 5.5 credits for $55 Livestream Available This program is also available online via Livestream. To register for the online version of this program visit
Sliding Scale $110 – 275. Code DS1B18.
CE credit: 5.5 credits for $55
This program is also available online via Livestream. To register for the online version of this program visit this link.
A Benefit for Spirit Rock.
In this day retreat, we will explore and experience the ways in which our inner subjective lives, our interpersonal relationships, and our objective empirical knowledge can be woven together to illuminate the importance for meaning, connection, and equanimity in our lives.
The day will be based on his upcoming book, and will include periods of guided and walking meditation, discussion, journaling, and Q&A.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to utilize the tools and practices offered in this program to better support their clients and patients dealing with trauma. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the science that underlies meditation’s effectiveness
- Summarize the instruction for teaching and mastering the Wheel of Awareness for focus of attention
- Discuss how to help clients become more emotionally resilient in the face of stress and the everyday challenges
- Demonstrate how to utilize a reflective practice to grow a healthier brain.
Dan Siegel, MD
Dan Siegel, MD
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Partial credit for partial attendance is not permitted. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.