14Dec(Dec 14)10:00 AM15(Dec 15)5:00 PMBouncing Back, Moving Forward: Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (15) Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Linda Graham, MFT No prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday, December 14 - Sunday, December 15, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $150 - 400. Code LG1M19. 12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs,
Dates: Saturday, December 14 – Sunday, December 15, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $150 – 400. Code LG1M19.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
We do learn and grow from meeting the challenges and adversities of the human condition when they have enough support, resources and skills to do so.
This retreat explores how we can learn to cope resiliently with the trials, even tragedies, of our lives, and find a deeper sense of meaning, purpose, and fulfillment through our process of recovery. We will learn how to apply practices of somatic, emotional, relational and reflective intelligence to five factors that predict genuine post-traumatic growth, as well as explore ways to reverse the impacts of stress and trauma, and move into thriving and flourishing.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Teach tools of mindfulness and self-compassion that support accepting even the most difficult of realities.
• Implement tools to help people reach out to other people both as refuges and resources;
• Utilize practices to identify and savor positive moments and experiences;
• Teach the tool of writing a coherent narrative of a negative event to help resolve any trauma;
• Teach tools of breath, touch, movement, and visualization that regulate the nervous system;
• Incorporate practices that cultivate the positive emotions that antidote the negativity bias of the brain;
•Teach tools of memory deconsolidation-reconsolidation that rewire traumatic memories;
• Teach practices of mindfulness that help the client discern options and wise choices.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 12 hours of continuing education.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, both days;
– Stay until the end of the program, both days;
– Sign out at the end of the program, both days.
– Partial credit for partial attendance is not permissible by Board regulations. Complete attendance is required to be eligible for CE credit.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.