Cost: Sliding Scale $75 - 200 We all embody a unique configuration of enlightened qualities that are waiting to emerge with the right conditions. The natural beauty and intelligence that emerges
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200
We all embody a unique configuration of enlightened qualities that are waiting to emerge with the right conditions. The natural beauty and intelligence that emerges when we feel safe and connected to life is longing to express itself fully. However, without support, these qualities lie dormant and manifest in self-doubt, emotional volatility, addiction, and disease. It is essential for the health of ourselves, our communities, and the Earth herself that we express these qualities fully and courageously.
This daylong is an opportunity to somatically identify, discover, and empower your unique awakened energy through an exploration of Buddhist goddesses with the support and inspiration of a compassionate community. The day will include sitting and movement meditation and dharma talks, including the study of the Buddhist goddess of non-dual wisdom, Prajnaparamita.
Teachings are appropriate for the general public as well as health care professionals. This daylong will offer mindfulness practices that may be used with clients to help work with emotions in a positive way. Continuing Education (CE) credit available.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals- this workshop is designed to help you:
- Incorporate mindfulness of breathing to calm mind and body while working with clients;
- Utilize inquiry practice with clients to identify positive qualities;
- Utilize mindfulness with clients to somatically identify positive sensations in the body;
- Utilize investigation with clients to identify reactive mind states;
- Integrate compassion practice with clients to work with reactive mind states.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.