Date: March 22, 2019; 10:00am - 5:00pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code HC1D19. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Description: Everyone
Date: March 22, 2019; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code HC1D19.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Everyone wants to be calm and peaceful. Much of our restlessness and agitation stems from an untrained mind and lack of clear perception of what’s happening in our mind and body moment-to-moment. During this day retreat, we will train our hearts and minds to find a calm abiding in the present moment. How will we accomplish this?
We will follow the Buddha’s teachings on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness — being mindful of our bodies, beginning with the sensations of breathing and expanding to include all other types of physical sensations. We will learn to feel pleasure more fully without trying to make it last and learn to accommodate inevitable unpleasant experiences without being afraid of or reactive to them. We will develop the skill of recognizing and working with our moods and emotions and learn how to relate to our thoughts more wisely rather than being so easily carried away by them.
Settling the mind into the body, while noticing and caring about the flow of experience, our hearts can settle and we can all realize that the peace and ease we are looking for in our lives is the natural peace and ease of our own nature.
This day will be valuable for health professionals as they grapple with the same challenges that their patients and clients face. Learning through direct experience can dramatically increase the prospects of being more successful with others. Developing the skill of calming the restless mind requires direct experience and the support of an experienced guide. Teachings are appropriate for individuals as well as health care professionals. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Differentiate which attitudes of mind, when present, increase distress and which attitudes and mental qualities decrease stress;
• Utilize the practice of tracking real time flow of sensations with continuous mindful attention, to cultivate peace and ease;
• Utilize the practice of cultivating a non-interfering real-time awareness of the flow of emotions through the body, in ways that may calm a restless mind;
• Demonstrate how to calm the body and mind, through personal direct experience.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.