Date: Friday, June 5, 2020; 10:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code GF2D20. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses supporting
Date: Friday, June 5, 2020; 10:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code GF2D20.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses supporting patients in this capacity.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
Now more than ever, we as women need to access our true power. Together, we’ll examine the tapestry of teachings around anger, forgiveness, joy, and equanimity to help us connect with our innate wisdom and strength. Using different mindfulness and somatic practices, we’ll identify patterns of our relationship toward anger and forgiveness to unearth the strength that underlies both. We’ll then work with heart practices to incline the mind toward the buoyancy and balance that comes with embodying joy and equanimity. By enveloping ourselves in this richly woven fabric of truths, we’ll come home to our true power.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Demonstrate how mindfulness practices can help clients identify their habits and patterns around anger.
• Incorporate different somatic practices to assist clients in integrating their anger.
• Demonstrate how a forgiveness practice can lead to an increased sense of well-being.
• Utilize different heart-based and somatic practices to increase clients’ ability to cultivate joy and equanimity in their lives.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, or BRN.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.
Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd
Grace Fisher, MFT, JD, MEd
Grace Fisher, MFT, SEP, JD, MEd, is the Staff Dharma teacher at Spirit Rock. She has a private practice in San Anselmo working with teens, individuals and couples. She has practiced Insight Meditation for almost twenty years. She is a former lawyer who holds a Masters in Education from Stanford. Grace is a graduate of the Community Dharma Leaders training at Spirit Rock. She is Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, and has studied at the Money Coaching Institute. At Spirit Rock, she was a member of the Teen Council and Family Council for many years and taught the parenting and teen classes; she has assisted on a variety of retreats. Grace teaches the weekly Women's class on Thursday mornings. She is committed to exploring how the teachings support us navigating the gritty, the challenging and the beautiful.