19Jun10:00 AM5:00 PMCompassion in Action10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Sunday, June 19, 2022; 10:00am - 5:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PB2D22. Continuing
Date & Time: Sunday, June 19, 2022; 10:00am – 5:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PB2D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Description: Thich Nhat Hanh said, “Compassion does not see the world’s pain and sorrow as other; it is shared and it is ours.” When you wince as you watch a child skin her knee, or when you witness a loved one’s intense grief, you know how visceral empathy can feel. When you give in to the urge to comfort the child or envelope your loved one in your arms, you are compassion in action.
We are wired for compassion. Not only does our heart quiver with empathy and compassion, but certain parts of our brain light up. Compassion in action is an antidote to our many fears, from eco-anxiety and racial injustice to sickness and loss. With compassion, we meet the world with shared vulnerability and humanness, feel wonder and connection to the earth and all beings, and find the energy to transform ourselves and do what is needed.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe 3 benefits of compassion practice;
- Describe 2 ways in which compassion can alleviate eco-anxiety;
- Describe how compassion in action can bring meaningful connection with oneself and others;
- Describe a compassion practice that may be used to reduce fear and anxiety.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP
View Pawan's upcoming programs or profile.