21Jul10:00 AM4:30 PMFEATURED EVENTCultivating True NourishmentMindful Eating and Self-Care10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Andrea Lieberstein
This event is now SOLD OUT and the wait list is FULL. We will not be able to accommodate "at the door registration" on the day of this event. Cost:
This event is now SOLD OUT and the wait list is FULL. We will not be able to accommodate “at the door registration” on the day of this event.
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200. Code AL1D18.
This day retreat is designed to guide you back home to the wellsprings of nourishment inside of you. Through mindfulness, inquiry, lovingkindness, self-compassion, and mindful eating practices, you’ll learn skills to navigate cravings, however subtle, that lead us to seek nourishment outside of ourselves through food or other means that do not truly fulfill.
We will explore what true nourishment is and be introduced to the “Eight Bodies’ model of nourishment to cultivate a life that is fulfilling on all levels. You will learn practices to experience food as pleasure and nourishment, and to abide in true nourishment regardless of the circumstance.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how mindfulness and mindful eating practices can reduce stress and anxiety around eating, promote non-judgement, flexibility, self-compassion, balance and well-being;
- Implement, and share with clients, Mindfulness-Based self-care strategies to promote professional and personal well-being including evidence-based mindful eating practices, self-compassion and emotional resiliency practices;
- Describe how mindfulness, lovingkindness and inquiry practices can be used to reduce craving, and cultivate equanimity;
- List a 5-step process to mindful eating and living;
- Describe the role of nourishing the 8 bodies for cultivating true nourishment and a fulfilling life.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, and nurses. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Partial credit for partial attendance is not permitted. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Andrea Lieberstein, MPH, RD, RYT
Andrea Lieberstein, MPH, RD, RYT
View Andrea's upcoming programs or profile.