Date: Friday, May 22, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code DR2D20. CE credit availability is pending due to online programming & COVID situation. [6 CE credits available for $60,
Date: Friday, May 22, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code DR2D20.
CE credit availability is pending due to online programming & COVID situation.
[6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and is pending approval for acupuncturists.]
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
Connecting our meditation practice with our speech and communication is one of the main ways to bring spiritual values further into our everyday lives. In this day retreat, we will support this intention by integrating periods of sitting and walking meditation with talks, communication exercises, and discussion. We will focus on:
• The fundamental teachings of the Buddha on wise speech;
• Cultivating mindfulness during both speaking and listening; and
• Learning how to practice wise and compassionate speech in challenging situations—such as when there are intense emotions, when there is conflict, or when there are difficult interpersonal or group dynamics.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe the nature and importance of wise speech and its grounding in ethical principles, in ways that will help guide practical work with both self and clients;
• Utilize several of these practical methods of developing skillful speech in a professional setting: through following ethical guidelines, mindfulness, empathy toward others, and skillful choice of language;
• Demonstrate skillful speech in challenging and difficult situations, in ways useful both for self and clients;
• Utilize the development of presence and mindfulness in wise and skillful speech, in ways that may be used in a professional setting.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and is pending approval for acupuncturists, for those licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been submitted to the CAB and is pending approval. This statement will be updated when the program application is determined by the CAB.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.