01JanAll DayDharma & Yoga Training ProgramDates: January 2020 - May 2020(All Day: Wednesday) Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Djuna Mascall, Leslie Booker, Anne Cushman, Mark Coleman, Tias Little, Sean Feit Oakes No prerequisiteOpen
REGISTRATION CLOSES JANUARY 20 Dates: Begins January 2020. See below for details. Fee: $3500. Code DY3T20. RYT200 This five-month immersive training addresses body, mind, and heart through the study of mindful asana,
REGISTRATION CLOSES JANUARY 20
Dates: Begins January 2020. See below for details.
Fee: $3500. Code DY3T20.
This five-month immersive training addresses body, mind, and heart through the study of mindful asana, pranayama, anatomy, mindfulness principles, meditation, and the wisdom teachings of Yoga and Buddhism. Students will develop both their personal practice, as well as the ability to guide and lead others. The heart of the practices will include the Brahma Viharas, with a focus on Metta, providing both refuge and support for kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
• A five-month training program for meditation and mindfulness practitioners & aspiring yoga teachers
• Fulfills the requirements for the Yoga Alliance 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher certification
• Led by certified yoga therapist to promote healing and strengthening the body for easeful movement, rather than idealized poses.
• Emphasis on the integration of meditation and mindfulness with movement
• Accessible for a wide range of physical abilities, and suitable for adults of all ages.
• Incorporates non-residential silent retreat practice and the joy & support of building community together
• Minimum of a two-year yoga and mindfulness practice required
• Foundational Buddhist Teachings Online Course — Mark Coleman, available beginning December 2, 2019
• Foundations of Body, Mind, and Heart — Djuna Mascall: 1/27 – 1/31, 9am – 5pm
• Wisdom of the Subtle Body — Tias Little and Djuna Mascall: 1/31 – 2/2, Friday: 6pm – 9pm; Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 5:30pm
• Mindfulness of the Breath — Djuna Mascall: 2/24 – 2/28, 9am – 5pm
• Energy, Embodiment, and Inquiry: Buddhist Approaches to Yoga and Breathwork — Sean Feit Oakes: 2/29, 10am – 5pm
• Online Conference for Foundational Buddhist Teachings — Mark Coleman: 3/18, 6pm – 7pm
• Finding Your Ground: Mindful Yoga & Embodied Meditation – 3-day commuter silent retreat with Anne Cushman & Leslie Booker: 3/26-3/28, 7am – 6pm
• Embodied Awakening: Trauma, Healing, and Collective Liberation — Sean Feit Oakes: 3/29, 10am- 5pm
• Online Conference for Foundational Buddhist Teachings — Mark Coleman: 4/15, 6pm – 7pm
• The Wisdom Body — Djuna Mascall: 4/27 – 5/1, 9am – 5pm
• Integrating the Teachings — Djuna Mascall: 5/2 – 5/3, 9am – 5pm
Leslie Booker, Mark Coleman, Anne Cushman, Tias Little, Sean Feit Oakes
LEARN MORE: SPIRITROCK.ORG/DHARMAYOGA
Please email the Trainings Program Coordinator
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday).
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Booker brings her heart and wisdom to the intersection of Dharma, embodied practice, and activism. She began working with system-involved populations in 2005 and was a senior teacher and Director of Trainings with Lineage Project for 10 years, and facilitated an intervention on Riker's Island from 2009-2011 through NYU. Booker shares her expertise nationally on creating culturally responsive environments and changing the paradigm of self and community care. She has spoken at Mind&Life Institute’s International Symposium, Contemplative Minds in Higher Education, and Mindfulness in Education conferences, as well as at universities across the country. She is a co-founder of the Yoga Service Council at Omega Institute, and the Meditation Working Group of Occupy Wall Street. Booker is a co-author of Best Practices for Yoga in a Criminal Justice Setting, a contributor to Georgetown Law’s Center on Poverty and Inequality’s report on Gender & Trauma, YOGA: The Secret of Life, and Sharon Salzberg's book Happiness at Work. Booker is on faculty with the Engaged Mindfulness Institute and Off the Mat Into the World. She is a graduate of Spirit Rock’s Mindful Yoga and Meditation training (2012), Community Dharma Leaders’ Training (2017), and will complete Spirit Rock’s Teacher Training in 2020. View Booker's upcoming programs.
Mark Coleman, MA
Sean Feit Oakes, PhD, E-RYT, SEP