This program has now SOLD OUT. Date: Saturday, October 19, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code GF3D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs,
This program has now SOLD OUT.
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code GF3D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs.
For many of us, divorce or separation can be one of the most painful transitions of our lives. In this day together, we’ll explore how the wisdom of the Buddha can help us hold this experience as one of liberation.
Through the teachings on impermanence and equanimity, we’ll explore ways to cultivate balance. Through the teachings on anger and forgiveness, we’ll explore ways to cultivate compassion and freedom. By stepping out of the story of who did what to whom, we can allow ourselves to be with what is actually true, and remember that this is truly a path of freedom.
care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals:
• Demonstrate mindfulness practices to cultivate self-compassion;
• Demonstrate how mindfulness practices can enable clients to have more agency and choice in their lives;
• Utilize at least 2 somatic practices to work more skillfully with anger;
• Describe how mindfulness can help clients work with strong emotions.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.