Date & Time: Sunday, July 10, 2022; 10:00am - 5:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code DR2D22. Continuing
Date & Time: Sunday, July 10, 2022; 10:00am – 5:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code DR2D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Inquiry, or investigation, is one of the seven factors of awakening, a quality that both leads to and expresses awakening. Inquiry can be a crucial factor in our practice, leading to greater aliveness, energy, interest, and wisdom, yet we may still believe that meditation should be about “not thinking.” In practice, we just initially need to not be ruled by thinking—which makes it possible to then use thinking and questioning fruitfully in the process of inquiry.
We’ll explore five modes of inquiry:
(1) bringing inquiry into our mindfulness practice in several ways
(2) listening deeply, particularly through the body and emotions, when there are repetitive thoughts and narratives, as well as difficult experiences
(3) using a core teaching to guide one’s practice
(4) radical questioning
(5) uncovering and transforming limiting beliefs
The day will combine short talks, guided inquiry practices, and discussion.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize inquiry practices to deepen mindfulness in ways that might be shared with clients;
- Utilize inquiry practices with repetitive thoughts and difficult experiences in ways that will help guide practical work with both themselves and clients;
- Utilize inquiry guided by a particular teaching that might be shared with clients;
- Utilize inquiry practices to help uncover deep assumptions and limiting beliefs.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Donald Rothberg, PhD
Donald Rothberg, PhD
View Donald's profile.