04Jun10:00 AM4:00 PMEmbodying Joy through Qigong and Meditation10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Debra Chamberlin-Taylor; Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Sunday, June 4, 2023; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code DC2D23. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for
Date & Time: Sunday, June 4, 2023; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code DC2D23.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. *
Qigong and Buddhism both recognize that joy shines naturally within each person, like the sun. Yet we know that various life and world conditions can be like clouds that obscure the inherent radiance of being. This daylong will offer meditation and Qigong practices that help us clear the clouds and return to our innate joy and wholeness. Qigong and meditation woven together uplift the spirit, enhance physical and emotional health, and awaken consciousness.
Master Mingtong Gu will guide us in simple movements and the practice of Sound Healing to awaken our physical, mental, and emotional bodies, and our consciousness. This naturally reconnects us to happiness and wellbeing. Debra Chamberlin Taylor will offer Dharma practice and guided meditation to help us open the heart of joy, and discover wonder in the present moment. She will also guide practice for recognizing, valuing, and embodying even the most subtle, quiet joy.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for licensed psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Discuss specific meditation techniques to support emotional regulation and wellbeing;
- Incorporate specific movements while working with clients to support the cultivation of emotional wellbeing and joy;
- Describe sound-healing meditations to clients that support the cultivation of emotional balance and wellbeing;
- Practice relating to personal experience from the emotional foundation of wellbeing, in ways useful to clients.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
View Debra's upcoming programs or profile.
Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master
Mingtong Gu, Qigong Master
View Mingtong's upcoming programs or profile.