04May(May 4)3:00 PM10(May 10)11:30 AMEquanimity Retreat3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (10) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Tempel Smith; Sharda Rogell; Anthony 'T' Maes (qigong); bruni dávila (assistant); Shelly Graf (assistant) No prerequisite
Dates: Monday, May 4, 3:00pm - Sunday, May 10, 11:30am; 6 nights Sliding Scale: $1700-$750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 350R20. Will open for registration on 1/7/20.
Dates: Monday, May 4, 3:00pm – Sunday, May 10, 11:30am; 6 nights
Sliding Scale: $1700-$750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 350R20.
Will open for registration on 1/7/20.
Often, we are drawn to meditation practice because of our heartfelt wish to calm our minds and open our hearts. But in our lives and when we sit down to meditate, we often find ourselves reacting to thoughts of the past with regret, shame, or anger, and to the future with anxiety and fear, often feeling overwhelmed.
In this retreat, we will develop the practice of equanimity, which allows us to be with challenging situations in our lives with balance, acceptance and more clarity. As this capacity deepens, we are able to be more fully present for both the joys and the sorrows of life, meeting each situation with kindness and compassion. Equanimity is one of the four Brahma Viharas (Divine Abidings), or beautiful qualities of heart, we can develop through practice and meditation. The other Brahma Viharas of loving-kindness, compassion and joy will be introduced as a complement to the equanimity practice.
This silent retreat will offer support for the steady development of equanimity, with guided meditations, evening talks, question-and-answer periods, and practice meetings with the teachers.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
Also, please remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please consider paying at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 9 CE credits for $90 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractor, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 9 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Sign-in to all required sessions within 5-minutes of the start of each session. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat. Please Note: You may need to leave the meditation hall between sessions to sign in the next session. It is the participant’s responsibility to remember to attend and sign in to each required session.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you contact us less than two weeks prior to the retreat, you will receive a partial refund; a $50 processing fee will be charged. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: email@example.com.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page
Anthony "T" Maes