17Oct(Oct 17)3:00 PM26(Oct 26)11:30 AMFall Insight Meditation Retreat3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (26) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Phillip Moffitt, MA, SEP; Erin Treat; Matthew Brensilver, PhD; Tuere Sala CommuterNo prerequisiteWait list
Dates: Thursday, October 17, 3:00pm - Saturday, October 26, 11:30am; 9 nights Sliding Scale: $2700 - 1200, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 304R19. 9 CE credits available for
Dates: Thursday, October 17, 3:00pm – Saturday, October 26, 11:30am; 9 nights
Sliding Scale: $2700 – 1200, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 304R19.
9 CE credits available for $90, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
This retreat is currently in progress.
This retreat will emphasize quieting the mind, opening the heart, and developing clarity and depth of practice. Traditional meditation instruction will be combined with a spirit of loving-kindness and silent sitting and walking meditation, dharma talks and practice meetings with teachers.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
A unique scholarship opportunity — the Hemera Contemplative Fellowship! If you are 18 years of age or older with a commitment to service — serving others through your profession — you should consider reviewing the eligibility for this Fellowship. In general, this Fellowship is for those who are full-time in the listed eligible professions and are new to silent residential retreat practice. Follow this link for more detailed information: Hemera Contemplative Fellowships. ONE scholarship allowed per person, per calendar year.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
· Define mindfulness, and list some of the hypothesized benefits of mindfulness practice;
· Describe how focused attention practices can reduce stress, emotional reactivity and rumination;
· Describe equanimity and its role in emotional balance;
· Describe the ways that attention to bodily sensations can positively affect well-being;
· Describe the relevance of mindfulness for reducing cognitive bias;
· Describe how mindfulness relates to prosocial emotions such as kindness and compassion.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 9 CE credits for $90 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 9 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Sign-in to all required sessions within 5-minutes of the start of each session. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat. Please Note: You may need to leave the meditation hall between sessions to sign in for the next session. It is the participant’s responsibility to remember to attend and sign in to each required session.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
CE Credit Attendance Required Sessions
– Oct 17 – 25: Evening Dharma Talk
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you contact us less than two weeks prior to the retreat, you will receive a partial refund; a $50 processing fee will be charged. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: email@example.com.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page
Matthew Brensilver, PhD
Phillip Moffitt, MA, SEP