21Aug10:00 AM5:00 PMEvent CancelledFeminine Rising: Voices of Buddhist Women for Joy and Freedom10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Pawan Bareja, PhD, SEP OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Sunday, August 21, 2022; 10:00am-5:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PB3D22. Continuing Education Credits:
Date & Time: Sunday, August 21, 2022; 10:00am-5:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code PB3D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Description: For over 2500 years, the extraordinarily resilient Buddhist feminine has carried the Dharma. As Maya Angelou said, “Because equal rights, fair play, justice, are all like the air: we all have it, or none of us has it.” Buddhist women have overcome barriers of culture, class, race, religion, and gender by following the natural inclination of their hearts to find enlightenment through the Four Noble Truths.
Their stories have the potential to help us find our heart’s liberation in the midst of the pandemic, climate trauma, and protests to bring awareness to issues of race and systemic injustice in our society. Our intention in this daylong is to find joy and freedom through our lived experience embracing our stories. With compassion, we connect to our inner sources of strength, peace, and empowerment, which enable us to both accept and transform what is needed in ourselves and the world around us.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for the general public as well as health care professionals. Health care professionals who work with patients or clients overcoming the barriers of oppression will be able to incorporate new practices and perspectives in their patient care. The practices offered will be of benefit to both the care provider, in terms of cultivating compassion and acceptance, as well as the patients and clients affected by injustices, by cultivating joy and empowerment.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe 3 benefits of the Four Noble Truths;
- Describe how mindfulness can bring meaningful connection with oneself and others;
- Describe a compassion practice that may be used to reduce fear and anxiety;
- Describe a gratitude practice to cultivate positive emotions and reduce emotional exhaustion.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.