14Sep(Sep 14)3:00 PM20(Sep 20)11:30 AMFinding Freedom in the Body3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (20) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Mary Grace Orr, MA; Bob Stahl, PhD; Christiane Wolf, PhD, MD; Marcy Reynolds (Qigong) No prerequisite
Dates: Monday, September 14, 3:00pm - Sunday, September 20, 11:30am; 6 nights. Sliding Scale: $1700-$750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 382R20. 15 CE credits available for $150,
Dates: Monday, September 14, 3:00pm – Sunday, September 20, 11:30am; 6 nights.
Sliding Scale: $1700-$750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 382R20.
15 CE credits available for $150, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Will open for registration on 5/12/20.
This retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. We will work primarily with the first of the Four Foundations of Mindfulness – mindfulness of the body. The “32 Parts of the Body” meditation has rarely been taught in the West; you will be introduced to it from an Insight perspective of the true nature and wonders of the body. This practice has also been used for healing illness and most importantly to help eradicate the erroneous view of self. Various methods will be taught to strengthen mindfulness of the body and to explore the mind/body connection.
We will follow the usual format of an Insight Meditation (Vipassana) retreat, with periods of sitting and walking meditation, as well as qigong sessions for further exploration of mindfulness of the body.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe the relationship between a health care professional’s mindfulness practice, and improved clinical outcome;
• List at leases 4 benefits of mindfulness meditation that are useful in health care;
• Describe to clients the positive effects of deepening their quality of concentration to reduce stress and improve well-being;
• Describe to clients ways to identify and ease mental and physical compulsions by developing kind, open, and non-judging attention;
• Incorporate practices with clients to identify and establish a greater balance of compassion for oneself and others;
• Incorporate skills to work more effectively with stress, and be able to share these skills with clients;
• Utilize non-judgmental, moment to moment awareness of the relationship between the body and mind, in ways that may be shared with clients;
• Incorporate mindfulness meditation skills with clients to improve their sense of well-being and personal life control;
• Incorporate mindfulness of breath practices to develop presence moment awareness, and to calm the mind in preparation for, and when working with clients;
• Utilize a variety of qigong movements in preparation for clients or patients in ways that may reduce stress and improve patient care.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 15 CE credits for $150 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 15 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Sign-in to all required sessions within 5-minutes of the start of each session. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat. Please Note: You may need to leave the meditation hall between sessions to sign in the next session. It is the participant’s responsibility to remember to attend and sign in to each required session.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you contact us less than two weeks prior to the retreat, you will receive a partial refund; a $50 processing fee will be charged. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: email@example.com.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page
CE Credit Attendance Required Sessions
– 8pm-8:30pm – Dharma Talk
– 8:45am-9:45am – Morning session with instructions & Q&A
– 9:45-10:30 – Qigong
– 7:40pm-8:30pm – Dharma Talk
Sept 20 – CE Credit not offered
+ two 30-minute practice sessions/check-ins with the teachers
Bob Stahl, PhD
Christiane Wolf, PhD, MD
Mary Grace Orr, MA