Date: Friday, October 25, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code HC4D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Date: Friday, October 25, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code HC4D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
The Buddha was called ‘the Happy One.’ His teachings and practices provide an inspiring vision of our human capability to experiencing the same happiness.
This day of Insight Meditation will follow the Buddha’s way of Mindfulness, Concentration and Love, guiding us from clinging and attachment to letting go and freedom, from confusion to clarity, and from tension to tranquility. The Buddha said, “If it was not possible to do this I would not ask you to. Come and see for yourself.”
The day will include periods of instructions, sitting and walking meditation, discussion, and Q&A.
For new and experienced meditators.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will develop a greater understanding of how we can train our hearts and minds to be happy, how we can change our happiness set point. We will practice the art of feeling and staying present in the body while working with others and accomplishing the many tasks necessary for effective health care service.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals:
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Describe how body awareness practices can be utilized to cultivate positive mental states;
• Describe emotional intelligence from a meditative perspective;
• Describe the emotional impact of conditional happiness vs unconditional happiness;
• Describe the causes of happiness and the causes of suffering.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.