Date: January 2, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code GF1D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Date: January 2, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code GF1D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
How can we move in the world with greater freedom? Are there fights we can put down, resentments we can dissolve, pain we can release?
By exploring how letting go of the need for things to be otherwise, we can explore the practice of forgiveness, and practice stepping through our suffering into a place of greater ease and happiness. By forgiving ourselves for our failings and imperfections, and forgiving the world for the essential laws of change and suffering, we can embrace the truth of our capacity to choose liberation.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Through personal experience with forgiveness and acceptance practices, health care providers will be able to better share these perspectives and practices with their patients and clients, and manage challenging conditions in a professional setting. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Explain how a forgiveness practice can enhance clients’ well being and deepen their capacity for happiness;
• Utilize mindfulness practices to support their clients’ readiness to embrace self-forgiveness;
• Describe how heart practices can increase clients’ capacity for self-acceptance;
• Utilize somatic practices with clients to steady the mind and body to cultivate the capacity to relinquish the struggle against how things are, and embrace personal resilience and inner- strength.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.