19Nov10:00 AM4:30 PMFreedom from the Inner Critic10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Online Teacher(s): Mark Coleman, MA OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Date & Time: Friday, November 19, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Friday, November 19, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code MC3D21.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available: This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Have you noticed the negative effects of self-judgment. If you wish to be more free from the torment of the inner critic, this daylong is good medicine. During our day together, you will learn:
- How to recognize judging thoughts;
- Learn to deal effectively with inner critic attacks;
- How to distinguish between negative judgment and wise discernment and discrimination;
- The importance of self-acceptance, self-compassion and metta as an antidote to the critic;
- The need and role of humor in helping us with the critic;
- Cultivating forgiveness in response to judgment.
The day will be a combination of talks, and interactive exercises, mindfulness and loving kindness techniques and practices and is open to new and experienced students. This will be a practical and experiential course taught with lightness, compassion and humor and the need to not take ourselves too seriously.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe the practice of mindful awareness, and how this relates to understanding the inner-critic;
- Contrast judgment and discernment, and their effects on well-being;
- Incorporate self-acceptance and self-compassion when working with clients as an antidote to self-judgment;
- Describe a lovingkindness practice to patents or clients as a support for working with judgment.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Mark Coleman, MA
Mark Coleman, MA
View Mark's upcoming programs or profile.