Date: Sunday, August 30, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code PB2D20. 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code PB2D20.
6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, and is pending approval for acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
We are all interconnected and interdependent. Yet, trauma can interrupt this connection with ourselves and our community. Using somatic and mindfulness practices, we’ll explore ways to cultivate safety and kindness to balance the inner and outer stressors of modern life, such as social inequity and climate change. By developing a calm mind and a kind heart toward ourselves and others, we’ll shift from our habitual fight, flight, and/or freeze reactions to more harmonious responses to all of life.Through tools and skills offered in this day retreat, we will learn to (re)create and sustain our own happiness. We will reconnect to our own inner sources of strength, peace, and empowerment. Our time together will include periods of sitting and walking meditation, movement, discussion, connection in community, written reflection, and Q&A.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Utilize mindfulness meditation techniques to develop body awareness, in preparation for, and when working with clients.
• Describe habitual response patterns in clients that are linked to past traumatic events.
• Utilize mindfulness with clients as a resource to begin to work with traumatic responses.
• Utilize Somatic Experiencing skills and Polyvagal exercises with clients to release physical and emotional tension.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and is pending approval for acupuncturists, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been submitted to the CAB and is pending approval. This statement will be updated when the program application is determined by the CAB.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit the CE Credit information page.