Date: February 16, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code DG1D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs. Description: This Valentine’s
Date: February 16, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code DG1D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs.
This Valentine’s weekend program is an opportunity for couples to awaken the heart of joy and love together. In order to be intimate, we must learn to be fully present. Through partner meditations, verbal and nonverbal communication exercises, and group sharing, couples will practice the art of intimacy and learn skills to deepen the shared journey.
Please note: This event is not appropriate for attending alone as the majority of the day will be spent in partner practice.
Teachings are appropriate for the general public, as well as health care professionals. This day will help mental health professionals working with couples learn the skills of being more present and connected with a partner. This personal experience dramatically increases the professional’s ability to support clients in being more present and connected with others. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for more information.
Learning objectives for participating health care professionals. Based on the content of this workshop, health care professionals will be able to:
• Utilize meditations and exercises in a clinical setting which improve partner intimacy;
• Describe communication skills that deepen compassion and self-awareness, in ways useful to clients;
• Utilize skills that help to strengthen one’s own ability to stay present in the movement;
• Integrate practices when working with clients to listen more deeply to a partner.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.