26Jan(Jan 26)3:00 PM31(Jan 31)11:30 AMHeavenly Messengers: Awakening Through Illness, Aging, and Death3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (31) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Debra Chamberlin-Taylor; Bonnie Duran; Eugene Cash (guest teacher); Victoria Cary (assistant) No prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Sunday, January 26, 3:00pm - Friday, January 31, 11:30am; 5 nights Sliding Scale: $1500 - $650, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 332R20. 12 CE credits available
Dates: Sunday, January 26, 3:00pm – Friday, January 31, 11:30am; 5 nights
Sliding Scale: $1500 – $650, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 332R20.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please use the ‘Register Now’ button above to register online.
Please Note: A limited number of Young Adult rates are still available. All other scholarship funds for this retreat have been allocated.
If you are interested and need financial assistance, we may have a work exchange available.
The Buddha called sickness, aging, and death “heavenly messengers” because they can powerfully guide us toward awakening. At this retreat we’ll learn to open our hearts and minds to all aspects of life, including the heavenly messengers. This opening cultivates the awareness, acceptance, and nourishing wisdom needed to meet life’s inevitable changes with more ease. Learning to embrace impermanence helps us embody the awakened heart-mind that holds our fears, vulnerabilities, and sorrows in wisdom, compassion, and peace. Mindfulness and loving-kindness meditations will be taught daily. This “workshop style” retreat will be held in morning and evening silence, with interactive exercises each afternoon.
• Develop a compassionate appreciation for this precarious and precious life
• Increase individual capacity to remain present for suffering
• Learn how to care profoundly for others, without becoming overwhelmed
• Develop practices that contribute to acceptance, resilience, receptivity and responsiveness
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Describe practices to cultivate a compassionate appreciation for this precarious and precious life than improves well-being;
• Use practices to increase individual capacity to remain present for suffering;
• Describe how embracing impermanence as an essential truth can reduce suffering and improve emotional well-being;
• Utilize techniques to reduce emotional overwhelm while caring for others
• Utilize practices that contribute to acceptance and resilience in the face of suffering and fear;
• Utilize practices that support receptivity and responsiveness;
• Use compassion practices to enhanced resiliency and for self-care when caring for others;
• List five guidelines for being with dying and living fully.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Sign-in to all required sessions within 5-minutes of the start of each session. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat. Please Note: You may need to leave the meditation hall between sessions to sign in the next session. It is the participant’s responsibility to remember to attend and sign in to each required session.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you contact us less than two weeks prior to the retreat, you will receive a partial refund; a $50 processing fee will be charged. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page
CE Credit Attendance Required Sessions
Jan 27 – Jan 30
– 2:30pm – 5:30 pm – Workshop
– No CE Credit sessions