(Friday) 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Community Meditation Center
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 - 200. Code OS3D18. This experiential retreat provides practical tools to protect against burn-out, handle stress, and increase inner stability. We will explore a range of methods
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200. Code OS3D18.
This experiential retreat provides practical tools to protect against burn-out, handle stress, and increase inner stability. We will explore a range of methods for building resilience: meditative, somatic, cognitive, emotional, and relational.
The day will include guided meditations, silent reflection, inquiry, movement, and writing. Participants will gain a greater understanding of their own strengths and challenges with resilience, as well as develop a personalized resilience toolkit.
The teachings are appropriate for therapists and other healthcare professionals, and are applicable in therapeutic settings as well as for personal care. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways that improve patient care, and support them as care providers. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain three components of the autonomic nervous system and how they function together;
- Describe at least three methods to regulate the nervous system;
- Explain how mindfulness practices can reduce emotional reactivity;
- Utilize mindfulness practices to reduce reactive mind states and develop responsive mind states so as to reduce emotional exhaustion;
- Detect beliefs and habits that may undermine your effectiveness and deplete your energy;
- Identify specific physical, emotional, or relational self-care goals, in order to increase your well-being, sustain energy, and care-providing capacity.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA, BRN or CBA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
- Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 2 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.