07Dec(Dec 7)3:00 PM13(Dec 13)11:30 AMIn The Presence of Love: a Metta, Mindfulness and Qigong Retreat3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (13) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Dana DePalma; Vinny Ferraro; Teja Bell (qigong) No prerequisite
Dates: Monday, December 7, 3:00pm - Sunday, December 12, 11:30am; 6 nights. Sliding Scale: $1700 - $750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 220R20. 12 CE credits available
Dates: Monday, December 7, 3:00pm – Sunday, December 12, 11:30am; 6 nights.
Sliding Scale: $1700 – $750, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 220R20.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and may move this retreat online. We have suspended taking registrations for now. Timing is TBD.
This silent* retreat will focus on cultivating the twin qualities of mindfulness and loving-kindness (metta in Pali). Mindfulness practices lead to clarity, insight and understanding. Loving kindness practices open the heart, allow a kind embrace of ourselves,
and connect us intimately with all of life. The fusion of these qualities gives rise to warm wisdom, unconditional caring, and helps us to respond creatively to the challenges in our lives.
Qigong is a practice of aligning breath, movement, and awareness for exercise, healing, and meditation. With roots in Chinese medicine, martial arts, and philosophy, qigong is traditionally viewed as a practice to cultivate and balance (chi) or ‘intrinsic life
energy.’ Qigong complements traditional sitting meditation practice and has a long and well-established history connected to contemplative traditions.
On this retreat mindfulness and loving kindness practices will be supported by periods of guided instruction, Qigong meditation, and regular meetings with the teachers.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
*Continuing Education Credit is awarded for instructional time only and is not applicable for extended silent meditation time. Programs held in Noble Silence, including Residential Retreats and Extended Non-Residential Retreats, will include lectures, guided meditation and practices, and group exercises.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, including attendance, cancellation, and grievance policies, please see our CE Credit information page