20May(May 20)3:00 PM25(May 25)11:30 AMInsight Meditation: A Path of Wisdom, Compassion, and Freedom3:00 PM - 11:30 AM (25) Upper Retreat Hall Teacher(s): Mark Coleman, MA; Erin Selover, MFT No pre-requisite
Dates: Monday, May 20, 3:00pm - Saturday, May 25, 11:30am; 5 nights Sliding Scale: $1300 - 600, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 254R19. 11 CE credits available
Dates: Monday, May 20, 3:00pm – Saturday, May 25, 11:30am; 5 nights
Sliding Scale: $1300 – 600, PLUS a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 254R19.
11 CE credits available for $110 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Will open for registration on 1/15/2019.
In this mindfulness meditation retreat, we will explore the innate quality of awareness as the foundation for cultivating clarity, understanding, and insight into our human experience. We will investigate how, through mindfulness practice, we can develop insight into the causes of stress and the causes of genuine happiness. We will examine what it means to abide, with kindness and awareness, in the midst of life, so we can live with a genuine non-reactive freedom wherever we are.
As well as sitting and walking insight meditation practice, we will emphasize integrating loving kindness and compassion into all moments of the retreat. This allows a kind embrace of ourselves and connects us intimately with each other and the world. In this retreat, there will be periods of meditation, dharma talks, and opportunity for questions and discussion. Suitable for experienced and newer students to meditation.
Financial assistance is available for all Spirit Rock residential retreats. Our scholarship rate is $40/night and available for all those with financial hardship with special funds allocated to People of Color (POC), folks with serious medical conditions, and young adults (age 18-26). Scholarship funding is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarships are budgeted per retreat and because they are in high demand, can run out quickly. We encourage you to register for a retreat as close as possible to the registration opening date (lotteries are an exception).
A unique scholarship opportunity! If you are an Educator, Health Care Professional, or Artist that has never attended a residential retreat longer than a weekend retreat (1-3 nights), you may qualify for a Hemera Foundation Fellowship to assist in attending your first residential retreat. Hemera Foundation Fellowships: Click link for more information. ONE scholarship allowed per person, per calendar year.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- List at least three benefits of how a health care professional cultivating a mindfulness practice can improve patient care;
- Utilize mindfulness practices to steady the mind and opening the heart in preparation for clients and patients, in ways that may improve focus and reduce rumination;
- Describe a mindful communication practice;
- Describe how mindful communication practices can improve interactions with patients, colleagues, and clients;
- Utilize mindfulness exercises and practices to improve emotional regulation during stressful times;
- Apply the principles of equanimity to reduce stress and professional burnout;
- Utilize compassion practices to reduce compassion fatigue when working with clients or patients;
- Utilize mindfulness of the body practices to improve attentional abilities when working with others in a clinical setting;
- Use mindfulness techniques to identify and prevent habitual reactivity, in ways that reduce emotional exhaustion and result in improved patient care
Also remember that the cost above is priced as a sliding scale. Please pay at the highest level of the sliding scale that you can afford. This allows others who need to pay less the opportunity to attend. Fee is for room and board. Teaching and staffing of the retreats is by donation at the end of the retreat. For more information, see Retreat FAQ.
This program offers 11 CE credits for $110 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 11 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation.
– Register for CE credits before the retreat begins.
– Attend and sign-in to all required sessions. The list of required sessions will be available at the beginning of the retreat.
– Turn in evaluation and pick up certificate after last session.
– There is no required session on the final day of the retreat.
– Partial credit is not permissible by Board regulations.
Refunds are available for residential retreat CE fees. If you would like a refund for your CE fee, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two (2) business days prior to the event. If you contact us at least two business days preceding the retreat, we will refund your CE fee minus a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel beyond the deadline stated above, you will not receive a refund. Please contact the Retreat Registrar at: retreats(at)spiritrock(dot)org.
For more information about CE credits at Spirit Rock, please see our CE Credit information page