Date: Sunday, May 31, 2020; 10:00am - 4:00pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time. Sliding Scale: $45 - 200. Code HC2D20. 5 CE
Date: Sunday, May 31, 2020; 10:00am – 4:00pm. Registration open until 9:00am day of the event; unless it fills prior to this time.
Sliding Scale: $45 – 200. Code HC2D20.
5 CE credits available for $50, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
ONLINE: Spirit Rock’s programs are now offered online only. Our sliding scale options include financial support for our teachers. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
This day of silent insight meditation is an invitation to strengthen in ourselves the noble qualities of mindfulness and friendliness. Cultivating a relaxed, kind, and curious attention to our moment-to-moment experience, we can recover our natural peace, clarity, wisdom, and compassion. This capacity to pay attention in the present moment enables us to connect with ourselves more intimately and directly, understand the causes of both suffering and happiness, and discover our natural freedom and ease. Instructions for both sitting and walking meditation will be offered, along with time for questions.
All levels of experience welcome!
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• List at least three practices that can be used to develop mindfulness;
• Describe the four foundations of mindfulness;
• Utilize experiential practices to develop moment to moment awareness;
• Describe how mindfulness meditation can create clarity on the causes of suffering and path to happiness.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractor, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Your attendance will be tracked automatically and to be eligible for CE credits, participants are required to:
-Register and pay for CECs by midnight the day before the program.
-Join the program by computer, not phone within the first 15-minutes of the start of the program;
-Stay logged in and engaged for the duration of the program;
-Confirm attendance: Email at this schedule:
—Within the first 15-minutes of the start of the program,
—Upon return from the lunch breaks at the stated time, and
—Within 15-minutes of the end of the program;
Within 7-days of the end of the program, you will be emailed a link to complete an online evaluation and download your Certificate of Attendance. There is a $20 fee to reissue Certificates of Attendance at a later time.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure adequate internet reliability and bandwidth. Incomplete attendance prevents CE credits eligibility as board regulations prevent partial credit for partial attendance. Certificates of Attendance are only available for those who complete the attendance requirement and submit their electronic evaluation.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
An open credit is available for the CE credit fee if requested before the day of event. An open credit is not available if requested on the day of the event or later. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.