This event has now SOLD OUT and the wait list is full. We will not be able to accommodate anyone at the door. Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code CF1D18. 6 CE
This event has now SOLD OUT and the wait list is full. We will not be able to accommodate anyone at the door.
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code CF1D18.
6 CE credits available for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs and nurses.
“He who has seen everything empty itself is close to knowing what everything is filled with.”
Impermanence teaches that we are subject to loss, illness, aging and death. We may comprehend this intellectually, but when a loved one dies, a relationship ends, or life turns on a dime, we are left unprepared, with a stone in the heart and feelings that remain unexpressed.
Through guided meditation, somatic and heart-based practices, we will: mine what was left unsaid; turn toward our experience with compassion and loving awareness; and embrace the healing potential of resilience and generosity in moving forward with life.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Incorporate mindfulness of breath practices to develop present moment awareness, and to calm the mind, in preparation for, and when working with clients;
- Incorporate somatic awareness in working with clients to develop present moment awareness and identify feelings;
- Utilize mindfulness and intentional practices to help clients step back from inciting thoughts and emotions;
- Describe negativity bias and confirmation bias and their impact on repetitive thought and habitual responses.
CE content rating: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs and nurses. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
Catherine Flaxman, MA, MFT
Catherine Flaxman, MA, MFT