Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code MC9D18. Mindful awareness and love are beautiful qualities of an awakened life. Awareness leads to clarity, insight and freedom. A loving heart responds with care
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code MC9D18.
Mindful awareness and love are beautiful qualities of an awakened life. Awareness leads to clarity, insight and freedom. A loving heart responds with care to our own struggles and to the pain in the world, intimately connecting us with life.
We will cultivate heart qualities and learn how to free ourselves from the restless, reactive mind so we can live with greater kindness and peace. We will explore the integration of love and awareness so our mindfulness practice is fused with a kind, receptive presence. We will also inquire into what obstructs and hinders us from experiencing this loving awareness.
Teachings are appropriate for the general public as well as health care professionals. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for more information. This program will help health care professionals explore how mindfulness and meditation practices can be utilized in a clinical setting to help clients reduce suffering and increase joy.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Utilize practices to steady the mind and open the heart using Buddhist perspectives and practices, in ways useful to clients;
- Apply, in a clinical setting, perspectives from Buddhist teachings on happiness and causes of happiness; on suffering and the causes of suffering;
- Utilize the powerful principles of equanimity and compassion for meeting the full range of human experience with balance and openness;
- Demonstrate to clients techniques and applications of mindfulness practice.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing Board to see if credits for programs from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. To qualify to receive the certificate of completion, participants must attend the event in full – no partial credit for partial attendance. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please see Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, you must arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the event, stay until the end of the program, and sign out.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.