Date & Time: Sunday, August 14, 2022; 10:00am-4:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code HC2D22. Continuing Education Credits:
Date & Time: Sunday, August 14, 2022; 10:00am-4:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code HC2D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Description: During this retreat we will explore the nature of ego and the enormous stress that comes with trying to be “someone.” With Insight Meditation, we can make peace with our various self views. In sitting and walking meditation, supported by instructions and Dharma talks, we will cultivate embodied presence. We will use the healing tools of mindfulness and lovingkindness to meet the activity of self with balance and openness, perhaps even “loving the house that ego built.”
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals work with patients and clients dealing with a multitude of conditions, some stemming from the complications of understanding their ego and views of self-esteem or self-worth. This program will assist health care workers to be able to work with those difficult mental states, and offer practices for acceptance, healing, and growth. And, with more understanding of their own egos, health care professionals will be able to offer improved care to their patients and clients.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Define ego in a Buddhist context;
- Explain common ways of soothing oneself that may increase distress;
- Demonstrate ways of soothing oneself that may bring reliable relief;
- Utilize the practices of mindfulness and lovingkindenss to increase self-awareness and self-compassion.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.