23May(May 23)10:00 AM24(May 24)5:00 PMMaking the Invisible, Visible: A Trauma Healing Journey from Hauntings to Wholeness -- ONLINE ONLYA Benefit for Spirit Rock and Somatic Experiencing®️ Trauma Institute10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (24) Online Teacher(s): Peter A. Levine, PhD No prerequisiteOpen
Date: May 23 - May 24, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Registration will close midnight May 22, 2020. Sliding Scale: $110 - 550. Code PL1B20. NEW! 12 CE credits available for $120, for
Date: May 23 – May 24, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm. Registration will close midnight May 22, 2020.
Sliding Scale: $110 – 550. Code PL1B20.
NEW! 12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and acupuncturists.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
A Benefit for Spirit Rock and Somatic Experiencing®️ Trauma Institute.
Somatic Experiencing®️ is a body-oriented approach to the healing of trauma and other stress-related conditions developed by Peter A. Levine, PhD. During this weekend retreat, we will discuss how, unbeknownst to us, we may be more influenced by events and circumstances than our ancestors experienced during their lifetimes, which are far out of conscious awareness. However, these lingering, experiential “ghosts” still have powerful influences on our emotions, reactions, behaviors, and choices. By bringing them into awareness and decoding their space-time patterns, we can truly live our lives and (re)claim our destinies as we move toward authentic freedom.
This program will be video and audio recorded for an online audience. By joining, you consent to being videotaped and included in the program recording.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe the difference between top-down and bottom-up processing;
• Describe how to identify behaviors and emotions which may have trans-generational components;
• Describe the role of generational transmission of trauma-based patterns;
• Utilize practices to cultivate “ancestral resources;”
• Describe the possible role of epigenetics in generational trauma transmission;
• Describe how to assess our “hauntings” to decode these generational patterns and support here-and-now presence;
• Utilize practices to bring ancestral awareness into one’s mindfulness and meditation practices;
• Describe how trauma-based perceptions remain fundamentally unchanged until the internal experience of the body changes.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and is pending approval for acupuncturists, for those licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, , or CBA. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 12 hours of continuing education.
To be eligible for CE credits, participants are required to::
STEP 1 – Attendance Requirements:
-Join the program within the first 15-minutes of the start of the program, each day;
-Stay logged in and engaged for the duration of the program;
-Confirm attendance: Email at this schedule:
—Between 9:45 and 10:15 am each morning,
—Upon return from the lunch breaks at the stated time, and
—Between 5 and 5:15 pm, each evening;
STEP 2 – After the program:
Within 5-days of the end of the program, you will be emailed a link to complete an online evaluation and download your Certificate of Attendance. There is a $20 fee to reissue Certificates of Attendance at a later time.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure adequate internet reliability and bandwidth. Incomplete attendance prevents CE credits eligibility as board regulations prevent partial credit for partial attendance. Certificates of Attendance are only available for those who complete the attendance requirement and submit their electronic evaluation.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
There are no open credits or refunds issued for online programming.