23May(May 23)10:00 AM24(May 24)5:00 PMMaking the Invisible, Visible: A Trauma Healing Journey from Hauntings to WholenessA Benefit for Spirit Rock and Somatic Experiencing®️ Trauma Institute10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (24) Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): Peter A. Levine, PhD No prerequisite
Date: May 23 - May 24, 2020; 10:00am - 5:00pm. Sliding Scale: $250 - 550. Code PL1B20. 12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs,
Date: May 23 – May 24, 2020; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Sliding Scale: $250 – 550. Code PL1B20.
12 CE credits available for $120, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and is pending approval for acupuncturists.
Online option available via Livestream: Register here.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
A Benefit for Spirit Rock and Somatic Experiencing®️ Trauma Institute.
Somatic Experiencing®️ is a body-oriented approach to the healing of trauma and other stress-related conditions developed by Peter A. Levine, PhD. During this weekend retreat, we will discuss how, unbeknownst to us, we may be more influenced by events and circumstances than our ancestors experienced during their lifetimes, which are far out of conscious awareness. However, these lingering, experiential “ghosts” still have powerful influences on our emotions, reactions, behaviors, and choices. By bringing them into awareness and decoding their space-time patterns, we can truly live our lives and (re)claim our destinies as we move toward authentic freedom.
This program will be video and audio recorded for an online audience. By attending, you consent to being videotaped and included in the program recording.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Describe the difference between top-down and bottom-up processing;
• Describe how to identify behaviors and emotions which may have trans-generational components;
• Describe the role of generational transmission of trauma-based patterns;
• Utilize practices to cultivate “ancestral resources;”
• Describe the possible role of epigenetics in generational trauma transmission;
• Describe how to assess our “hauntings” to decode these generational patterns and support here-and-now presence;
• Utilize practices to bring ancestral awareness into one’s mindfulness and meditation practices;
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 12 CE credits for $120 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and is pending approval for acupuncturists, for those licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, , or CBA. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CAB approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 12 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been submitted to the CAB and is pending approval. This statement will be updated when the program application is determined by the CAB.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, every day;
– Stay until the end of the program, every day;
– Sign out at the end of the program, every day;
– Partial credit for partial attendance is not permissible by board regulations. Complete attendance is required to be eligible for CE credit.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.