Date & Time: Saturday, November 6, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Date & Time: Saturday, November 6, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code OS3D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
We make decisions every day—from seemingly inconsequential choices to larger ones that can affect the course of our life. How can the Dharma guide our choices to support integrity and both individual and collective well-being?
In this daylong program, we’ll explore a range of practical tools for making decisions that incorporate meditation, reflection, intuition, and inquiry. You’ll learn how to navigate the choices in your life with more confidence, clarity and ease, as well as how to find more balance with the results of the decisions you make. Our day will include periods of silent meditation, movement, writing, and interactive exercises.
Clinicians will learn several conceptual frameworks to understand the decision-making process; how to identify and strengthen key mental qualities that support making decisions; as well as guided practices to share with clients for making clear decisions.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe mindfulness practices to move from reactive decision making patterns towards wise responses;
- Explain the five stages of clear decision making;
- Use mindfulness techniques to identify the underlying needs and values associated with various permutations of any decision;
- Describe how the principles and experience of equanimity can create more emotional balance and cognitive clarity in support of clear decision making.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.