Date & Time: Friday, September 30, 2022; 10:00am - 4:00pm US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code TR1D22. Continuing
Date & Time: Friday, September 30, 2022; 10:00am – 4:00pm US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code TR1D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Description: In concentration and serenity meditation (samatha), we return awareness to one object of meditation to the exclusion of everything else, unifying the mind stream. This reveals with heightened clarity our habitual patterns that cause us to suffer, called “purification of mind.” A laser-like awareness can develop, potentially leading to profound peace, stillness, joy, as well as the meditative absorptions known as jhāna. Topics include: the practice path, the relationship of samatha and vipassanā, and working with striving and hindrances.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Describe how focused attention practices can increase concentration and improve focal abilities, in ways that may improve patient care;
- Describe how concentration practices can redirect the mind from automatic negative reactivity and reorient towards appropriate intentional responses;
- Describe how concentration practices can bring awareness to one’s habitual patterns that cause suffering;
- Describe how concentration practices can result in increased serenity and joy.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.